Foreign nationals exempted from visa requirements when traveling to Namibia for a maximum period of 90 days per year

Nationals from the countries listed below with whom Namibia has Visa Exemption Agreements are not required to obtain visa and will be allowed to enter into Namibia and get Visitor´s Entry Permit (VEP) endorsement stamps at the Port of entry for the following reasons:

  • Holiday/vacation
  • Visiting friends or relatives
  • Medical treatment
  • Any other purpose other than employment of any kind
Angola Ireland Portugal
Armenia Italy Russian Federation
Australia Japan Seychelles
Austria Kazakhstan Singapore
Azerbaijan Kenya South Africa
Belarus Kyrgyzstan Spain
Belgium Liechtenstein Swaziland
Botswana Lesotho Sweden
Brazil Luxembourg Switzerland
Canada Macau (SAR) Tajikistan
Congo Brazzaville (only Diplomatic/official and service passports) Malawi Tanzania
Cuba Malaysia Turkey (Diplomatic and official passports only)
Denmark Mauritius Turkmenistan
Finland Moldova Ukraine
France Mozambique United Kingdom
Germany Netherlands United States of America
Ghana (only Diplomatic/official and service passports) New Zealand Uzbekistan
Hong Kong Nigeria (Diplomatic and official passports) Venezuela (Diplomatic and official passports only)
Iceland Norway Zambia
India (Diplomatic and official passports up to 3 months) Poland (Diplomatic and official passports up to 3 months) Zimbabwe


All Africans that are holders of Diplomatic and Official passports are exempted from Visa requirements. 


The following countries have also exempted Namibian nationals from visa requirements when visiting their countries.

Angola *


Switzerland *






The Bahamas



Trinidad & Tobago



United Kingdom

Ethiopia **






Hong Kong

South Africa





* Applies only to Official and Diplomatic Passport Holders.

** Only official business visitors - attending workshops, seminars and official functions of the OUA and the UNECA and other UN Organs.

*** Applies only to Holders of Diplomatic Passports.


Travellers should at all times carry unabridged (full) birth certificates, in addition to the children’s passport;

Adults travelling with children that are not their biological children should be in possession of an affidavit (sworn statement deposed before a commissioner of oaths) from the child’s parents where the child’s parent consent that the child may travel with the particular traveller;

When a child travelling with anyone other than his or her own parents, the traveller should have copies of their identity documents/passports of the parents or legal guardian/s of the child.  Contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child should also be at hand.

If a child is travelling with only one parent, the other parent should, by way of affidavit, provide consent for the child to travel with the other parent.

Where applicable, travellers should be in possession of a death certificate of the other parent registered as parent of the child on the birth certificate.

Any unaccompanied minor may be required to produce:

  1. Proof of consent from one or both his or her parents or legal guardian, as the case may be, in the form of an affidavit for the child to travel,
  2. letter from the person, who is to receive the child, containing his or her residential address and contact details where the child will be residing;
  3. a copy of the identity document or valid passport and visa or permanent residence permit of the person who is to receive the child; and
  4. the contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child.